<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saabaru

All about my Saab 9-2x

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A week with the FM modulator

After a week of driving with the iPod hooked up via the FM modulator, I'd say it has been worth the cash and small install effort.

As far as audio quality goes, I decided that the stock speakers are not good enough to truly expose the audio limitations of FM anyhow. So, until I get new speakers, I'll stay with the current head unit and modulator. Sure, a CD clearly sounds better, but I'll compromise some sound quality for the freedom 20 GB of of music.

As far as interference goes, from the SF East Bay, we drove to Modesto, up hwy 99 to Sacramento, and back home on I-80/680 all with the iPod playing. Absoultely zero interference on 87.9 FM. The fact that the modulator shuts off the car's antenna when I turn it on works wonders.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  


9-2x links

My 9-2x Photo Album

forums

Saab92x.com
Saabcentral
Saabnet
NASIOC
ClubWRX
I-Club
Scoobymods
Fatwallet thread

archives

  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005