<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saabaru

All about my Saab 9-2x

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Poo for gas mileage

So, after about 2500 miles, I'd say that we're averaging about 20 to 21 mpg in the Saabaru. That is horrible IMO. Granted I travel 60-80% on non highway roads. The past few tanks have been in the 20mpg range, and those both included a chunk of highway driving.

Perhaps I have a lead foot? Maybe. But, I try my best to shift at 3,000-3,500 rpm and I throw it in 5th gear when going at a constant 45mph to reduce RPMs. Of course, there are a few miles of spirited driving on every tank, but, overall, I try my best, but still cannot squeeze any better than this.

Coming from the Jeep and Tahoe (both get about 13 - 14mpg)I, it's nice to get some 'fuel economy', but it's pretty frutrating that I do not get more.

Comments:
I'm very sorry to hear that!!!
My 05's STI gets about 15 mpg for city and 18 mpg Hw.
so,
I understand your pain..
But,
It's fun car.
Let's try to see postive side of it.
 
I am considering the Cobb Accessport in order to lean out the factory chip spec. I've just been reading thus far.
 
I've been commuting in traffic with mine for 4-5 months and get approx 30 miles per gallon, it is worse then my jetta was but for all wheel drive I'm impressed.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?  


9-2x links

My 9-2x Photo Album

forums

Saab92x.com
Saabcentral
Saabnet
NASIOC
ClubWRX
I-Club
Scoobymods
Fatwallet thread

archives

  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005